• Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-American
• Second Team All-Big Ten
• Set the Maryland record for single-season rushing yards by a freshman (1,034)
• Posted the second most rushing yards in a game in program history with 298 against Ohio State
• Just the second player in Maryland history to have back-to-back 200-yard rushing games
• Set the Maryland record for 100-yd rushing games by a freshman (4)
• Has emerged as one of the top freshman hitters in the Big Ten in his first season.
• Among the top among Big Ten freshman in RBIs (30), home runs (6), hits (37), doubles (11), average (.280), slugging (.500) and on-base percentage (.411).
• Earned three Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors and a Big Ten Player of the Week honor.
• Has impressed teammates and coaches with his attitude throughout the season. Started playing first base in middle of the first half of the season for the first time since middle school and has taken to the spot.
WILLIAM JAMES HERVE
Fr., Paris, France
• Played 20 games and started 17 on Maryland’s National Title team.
• Scored four goals and added three assists. Scored the game winning goal in Maryland’s Sweet 16 win over Duke.
• Top Drawer Soccer Best Freshman XI First Team.
• College Soccer News First Team Freshman All-American.
• Big Ten All-Freshman Team.
Track & Field
Fr., Kingston, Jamaica
• Set the school record in the 400m dash (46.92) and finished first in the event at the Music City Challenge
• Won the 400m in the first outdoor individual race of his life, beating the field and finishing in 46.87
• Helped 4x400 relay squad to another school record-breaking second place finish at the Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational (3:09.77)
• Helped 4x400 relay squad to a first place finish at the Maryland Invitational
Fr., Baltimore, Md.
• All-Big Ten Freshman Team; 3x Big Ten Freshman of the Week
• Secured the 5th-most rebounds (225) for a freshman in Maryland history and the 7th-most points (386)
• Had 5 double-doubles - the 3rd-most in Maryland freshman history
• Tied the Maryland NCAA Tournament record for single-game field goal percentage, shooting 8-of-9 from the field in the first round win over Belmont